Copper Cupola Overview:
Our copper cupolas not only enhance the beauty of your home or business, but also provides the added benefit of saving on energy costs. The cupolas come in a variety of styles and can be customized to your specifications. We carry the bell top square copper cupola, the curve top square copper cupola, the bell top octagonal copper cupola, and the curve top octagonal copper cupola.
Copper Cupola Details:
- Our copper cupolas are made with 16 oz copper.
- Copper cupolas not only add beauty to your architecture, but cupolas also provide additional ventilation for attic space.
- Each of our copper cupolas are handcrafted to fit your specifications.
- Copper will last a lifetime and does not rot like wood, rust like steel, or crack like clay.
- Copper cupolas provide an elegant finishing touch to any structure.
- Patina finish available for an additional 10% (aged green copper look).
Measuring for a Copper Cupola:
- The proper size of a cupola will mainly depend on what kind of support you have inside of the attic. The cupolas range in weight from 35 pounds to 50 pounds. The height of the product is based on your desire, however a onestory home would usually have at least an 18″ x 18″ cupola. An elevated onestory home or a twostory home would usually have a 30″ x 30″ cupola.
- In selecting the right size of a cupola for your structure, there should be one and one quarter inches of cupola base for each foot of unbroken roof line.
- Example: For 20 foot of unbroken roof line, the minimum cupola base size would be 24 inches. One other factor to consider is the amount of attic space. The more attic space, the larger the cupola should be.
NOTE: See our FAQ page for measuring roof pitch.